It has the third highest per capita income in the world. So it’s rich, it’s safe, it’s clean – & the mean spirited call it sterile… Here’s the thing, turn a corner and Singapore will surprise you.
1. Eating at Hawker Stalls: Recommended out of the 100s
Breakfast: Queue up for Xien Xien porridge at Maxwell market
Lunch: Tiong Bahru
Dinner: Food trail old hawker
2. Arab street: Probably the most hybrid street you’ll ever meet… Here you’ll find Kampong houses, raised on traditional stilts, with French louvred windows, British art deco pillars, housing a typically hip Singaporean boutique like – Hide & Seek for everything cool
3. Ultimate Drive: A bright red Ferrari or a Lamborghini Gallado, You can go cruising on an actual F1 track
4. Zoo with Panda enclosure: A work of Art, environmentally conscious and home to Kai Kai and Jia Jia – Pandas flown in all the way from China.
5. Sentosa Adventure Park: If you’re going to Singapore, you can’t escape a trip to Sentosa… so while you there test your heart out at the Adventure Park, Mega Zip down or defy gravity at I fly
6. Marine Life Park: Still in Sentosa, beat the Singapore heat at Adventure Cove Waterpark or get yourself a beanbag and spend the day by the world’s largest Marine viewing panel in the Oceanarium.
7. Universal studio: Ah, the magic of the movies, it’s got everyone at Universal Studios Sinagpore under its spell. You can get lost in the 49 acres of space they have here, there’s 20 rides spread across 7 themed zones…
8. Zoukout with friends: The biggest annual party in Singapore with over 20,000 people, 10,000 performers and 2 days of music and madness
9. Gardens By the Bay: Gardens at the Bay may be the most extravagant gesture to conservation ever- most cities just hold a tree planting drive.
10. Clark quay – Vo + G MAX Reverse Bungee Jumbo: And to throw in one extra if you feel the need to splurge – a top view of the city lights in the Singapore