Bored with scrambled eggs? This spicy Turkish dish will add some variety to your morning meals. As well as the protein provided by the eggs, you get a hefty dose of muscle fuel from the yogurt, while the other ingredients provide both delicious flavours and more health benefits. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties, for example, while extra virgin olive oil provides vitamins E and K.
Ingredients (serves one)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10g unsalted butter
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 stalk of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- Mix the garlic with the yogurt and half the olive oil. Whisk for ten seconds and put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a small pan until it’s a nutty brown colour. Remove from the heat, add the chilli and stir, allowing it to sizzle.
- Add the remaining oil and the parsley, then set aside.
- Add the vinegar to a deep pan of simmering water and poach the eggs.
- Serve the eggs in a bowl on top of the yogurt mixture, pouring the olive oil/butter mixture over the top.