You are here

India’s 7% projected growth rate ‘amazingly fast’, can double economy in 10 years: ADB

India’s projected GDP growth of over 7 per cent for the current fiscal is “amazingly fast” and if this momentum is maintained the size of the economy can double within a decade, ADB Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada has said. The country shouldn’t worry about not achieving 8 per cent growth but focus on increasing domestic demand by reducing the income inequality, he said. Growth is driven more by domestic consumption than exports, he added. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected India to remain the fastest growing Asian nation with…

Read More

Pawan Hans’ regional chopper services plan hit by divestment process

State-run Pawan Hans’ plan to launch helicopters under the regional connectivity scheme Udan have run into rough weather amid the ongoing disinvestment process and non-availability of choppers, the company’s union has alleged. Pawan Hans, in which the government has proposed to sell its entire 51 per cent stake to private players, has the mandate to fly on 11 routes across Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur and Uttarakhand under phase two of Udan scheme. Oil sector behemoth ONGC holds the remaining 49 per cent in the mini-ratna PSU. It has a fleet…

Read More

Report on Small Business Newsletter: Kicking Horse Coffee CEO Elana Rosenfeld

Elana Rosenfeld Must pay photographer, from the mag. one time use only for the ladder CREDIT photographer CHRIS MACARTHUR/The Globe and Mail CHRIS MACARTHUR/THE GLOBE AND MAIL Kicking Horse Coffee CEO Elana Rosenfeld on building a business that reflects her personal ethics Elana Rosenfeld co-founded Kicking Horse Coffee in Invermere, B.C., roasting coffee in her garage in 1996. The company was well ahead of the curve by selling premium beans just as Starbucks was entering Canada and raising expectations for coffee drinkers. Cheeky marketing helped the brand gain traction on…

Read More

Small business owners reveal secrets of survival

Oysters Restaurant owner and operator William Bunch has supplied customers with home-style cooking for 20 years at his Crystal River restaurant.   Mom and pop stores have been in the spotlight the past couple weeks following a comment from Inverness City Manager Frank DiGiovanni that those are the kinds of establishments he wants to see in his city. But how do the owners of these small business establishments compete against their larger chain counterparts? Many already start off behind the eight ball when it comes to competing against the big…

Read More

Featured Connecticut Small Business Directory

From Sunday, April 29th to Saturday, May 5th FOX61 is celebrating National Small Business Week, a nation-wide event to honor entrepreneurs and small businesses each year.  More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S.   Below check out some featured Connecticut small businesses provided by Connecticut’s Small Business Development Center (CTSBDC) and suggestions from you! Are you looking to start or grow your business?  Visit CTSBDC.com to learn more about their services which include professional, confidential and no-cost business advising….

Read More

South Leads the Nation in Small Business Job Creation for the Construction Industry

The South led the nation in small business job creation in the construction industry during the month of March, a recent report says. The region’s Small Business Jobs Index ( 100.24) is just above the break even growth marker of 100. The latest Paychex IHS Markit Small Business Employment Watch reports a 0.12 percent decrease to 99.65 this month nationally, or 1.07 percent year-over-year. Small Business Job Creation in Construction The Index has been below 100 for nine months with the West at 99.29, being the lowest in March. For…

Read More